Meeting Minutes & Presentations
Click on the month to view the meeting minutes.
- January: Ronson Chu (South Bay Cities Council of Governments)
- December: Dark
- November: Steven Yu (LA County Department of Health Services) "CBEST" Program; Carlos Amador (LAHSA) "LAHSA Program Updates"; Kristina Rakoch (School on Wheels) Program Overview Flyer (English and Spanish), Volunteer Tutor Flyer
- October: Clifton Trotter (LAHSA) "LAHSA Equity Initiatives and Progress: Where We Are"; Breanna Hawkins (LA County ARDI) "ARDI Overview"
- September: LA County Homeless Initiative Listening Session on Reevaluating Its 51 Strategies. Overview briefing , New Strategies 1-pager, Video Overview link, Community Comments link. SBCEH Advocacy Report (No meeting minutes available)
- August: Andrew Nishimoto (Family Promise of the South Bay) "FPOSB Program Overview"; Laura Scotvold-Lemp (Beacon Light Mission/Doors of Hope Mission) "Program Overview;" LAHSA RHAC August Meeting Report from Mary Agnes Erlandson. Agency Spotlight: St. Margaret's Center - Program Overview, Food Pantry Overview, Homeless Services/Key Contacts, Rental Assistance Workshop flyer (No meeting minutes available)
- July: Ari Hamilton (Harbor Interfaith Services) "LA-HOP.org and SPA 8 Street Outreach"; Laurie Ramey (MHALA): Agency Spotlight: Mental Health America of Los Angeles (MHALA) and "E6" Multidisciplinary Street Outreach
- June: Janet Kelly (Sanctuary of Hope) "Housing Racial Equity Part 2: Ad Hoc Committee on Black Persons Experiencing Homelessness" (no slides). Agency Spotlight: Sanctuary of Hope Overview
- May: Mark Silverbush (Abt Associates) "Housing Racial Equity Part 1:Through a Data Analysis Perspective " presentation, link to Targeted Universalism clip on Youtube (UC Berkeley)
- April: Pastor Lisa Williams (San Pedro United Methodist Church), Faith Collaborative to End Homelessness; Gloria Johnson, LAHSA Lived Experience Advisory Board Chair; Brittany Jones, LAHSA
- March: Gaby Medina (CD15 District Director), City of Los Angeles Homelessness and Housing Programs: CD15 Housing Solutions, Project Homekey FAQ; Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH): "Debunking Homelessness Myths" Community Guide on the Nature of Homelessness
- February: SPA 8 Program Highlights featuring Shari Weaver (Harbor Interfaith), Courtney Reed (PATH), Grace Farwell (South Bay Cities Council of Governments)
- January: Cancelled
- December: Dark
- November: Video conference featuring San Pedro Navigation Center with Guest Speaker Amanda Brear (VOA) San Pedro Navigation Center Info Sheet; and Unite Us technology referral platform with Karla Torres (Unite Us) Unite Us Overview. Unite Us Provider Info Sheet, Unite Us Presentation
- October : Video conference featuring "Trauma Informed Care Culture" with Guest Speaker Elizabeth Eastlund, Rainbow Services Rainbow's report "From Power Over to Power With"
- September: Video conference featuring "Shared Housing." Guest Speakers: Kris Freed, LA Family Housing; Grace Farwell, South Bay Cities Council of Governments. UCSF briefing "Aging Among Homeless Populations "
- August: Video conference featuring the 2020 Homeless Count SPA 8 level unsheltered/sheltered stats, city level data. Speaker: Nancy Wilcox
- July: Meeting postponed until August 5th, after LAHSA released the 2020 Homeless Count "city" results
- June: Video conference with a presentation on the 2020 Homeless Count SPA 8 results, LAHSA Federal and State Funding Update, LAHSA COVID-19 Recovery Plan Framework. Speakers: Mark Silverbush, Nancy Wilcox.
- May: Video conference featuring US Veterans Initiative in Inglewood. Guest Speakers: Akilah Templeton, Jon-Michael Hice.
- April: Video conference about COVID-19 Homelessness Response in the South Bay (no meeting minutes available). Guest speakers included: Meredith Berkson, Policy & Systems Director, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority; Breanna Jaijairam, SPA 8 CES Regional Director for Adults, Harbor Interfaith Services; Shari Weaver, SPA 8 CES Director, HIS; Ashlee Oh, LA County CEO's Homeless Initiative Office; Grace Farwell, Senior Project Manager, South Bay Cities Council of Governments.
- March: Meeting Cancelled (per LA County's Coronavirus Stay-At-Home Order)
- February: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting. LAHSA presentations: CES Refinement Process Briefing and Handouts (Nancy Watson), Procurement Process Enhancements (Elsie Nwankwo), Public Charge Handouts (Traci Kawaguchi), Census 2020 Handouts (Traci), State Legislative Update Handout (Traci); Special Guest: LA City Attorney's Criminal Record Clearing Project Tri-fold, TR-320/CR-30 Can't Afford to Pay Fine Form, Community Assistance Parking Program, Low Cost Car Insurance (Ronson Chu)
- January: Special Topics: Grades K-12 Homeless Programs. Guest Speakers LA County Overview by Jennifer Kottke (LACOE), Torrance Unified Programs by Dr. Nancy Gutierrez (Torrance Unified), CES Education Coordinator by Lawrence Doss (LA Unified), CES for Families Programs by Sharon Stewart (Harbor Interfaith CES). Nancy Wilcox for Steve Yu (LAHSA): 2020 Homeless Count SPA 8 Update
- December: Dark
- November: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting. Community Feedback on Measure H and State HHAP Funding Guest Speaker Jose Delgado (LAHSA) and Ashlee Oh (Homeless Initiative Office). Legislative Update.
- October: Meeting Cancelled
- September: Special Topic #1: 2020 Census, Guest Speaker Bobby Kobara (LA City Mayor’s Office); Special Topic #2: Shallow Subsidies, Guest Speaker Rene Ceballos & Crystina Leyva (Salvation Army); Special Topic #3: Measure H Yrs 4-6 Funding Process, Guest Speaker Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH)
- August: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting. LAHSA Operations Manual, Practice Standards, CES Program Manual, Legislative Update, HYFLA Application (TAY w/lived experience), Weekend to End Homelessness
- July: Special Topic: Veterans Affairs Programs. Guest Speaker: Melanie Martins (LAHSA)
- June: Special Topic: 2019 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count and Preliminary City-Level Data. Guest Speakers: Mark Silverbush & Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH)
- May: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting. LAHSA Problem Solving & Access Center Overview, SPA Quarterly Updates
- April: Special Topic: Panel Discussion with South Bay Hospitals. SPA 8 Hospital Liaison Fact Sheet.
- March: Special Topic: DMH & MHSA Programs, SPA 8 MHSA FY2019-20 Outcomes. Guest Speaker: Paul Stansbury (NAMI South Bay)
- February: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting. LAHSA Coordinated Entry System Operation Guide Overview, Feb 2019 SPA Quarterly Update, CES Points of Contact - What You Need To Know, LAHSA Procurement Schedule
- January: Special Topic: South Bay Coordinated Entry System. Guest Speaker: Shari Weaver (Harbor Interfaith Services).
- December: Dark
- November: LAHSA Quarterely Community Meeting. LAHSA Presentation, LAHSA "Public Charge" documents, LAHSA Nov Policy & Leg Update, CES Nov Update/Policy Implementation
- October: Special Topic: Domestic Violence LA Report. Guest Speakers: Victoria Hurtado (Downtown Women's Center & DV Homeless Services Coalition), LaRae Cantley (DV & Homelessness Coalition), Cristina Cortes (LAHSA). DVHC Presentation, Focus Group Report Recommendations, DVHSC Focus Groups Report: Survivor Solutions to Program and Systems Change.
- September: Special Topic: Vocational Training and Job Placement Assistance. Guest Speaker: Jennifer Pascavento (SoCal ROC); Bridgette Cruz (South Bay Work Investment Board (SBWIB)); Laurie Niesen (Chrysalis), SoCal ROC Curriculum Handout, SBWIB Flyer, Chrysalis Flyer
- August: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting, LAHSA Presentation, LAHSA Updates Handout
- July: Guest Speaker: Alex Michel (Harbor Interfaith): LA-HOP Outreach reporting online portal, Mark Silverbush & Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH): 2018 Greater LA Homeless Count SPA 8 "City Level" findings
- June: Guest Speaker: Mallory Andrews (LAFLA): SPA 8 Legal Services, Mark Silverbush & Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH): 2018 Greater LA Homeless Count SPA 8 Overview, LAHSA 2018 Results from the Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count presentation
- May: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting, LAHSA Presentation, LAHSA Winter Shelter Info, LAHSA Other Handsout
- April: Meeting Cancelled
- March: Guest Speaker: Diamond Lee (DHS) "Whole Person Care", Tene Tate-Dickson's Measure H Update,
- February: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting, LAHSA's Presentation, Guest Speaker: Mark Silverbush (Abt Associates) "2018 Gap Analysis Summary, 2018 Gap Analysis Full Report
- January: Guest Speakers: Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH) "Homeless Count FAQ" , and Megan Emme (LAHSA) "Homeless Count Update"
- December: Guest Speaker: Kristine Glaze (LA Depart. of Public Health) "Substance Abuse Prevention & Control" (SAPC) Presentation (no minutes available)
- November : LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting, LAHSA's Presentation
- October: Guest Speaker: Breanna Jaijairam (Harbor Interfaith Services) "SPA 8 Street Outreach Coordination" and Megan Emme (LAHSA) "Homeless Count 2018"
- September: Guest Speaker: Ben Winter (LA Mayor Garcetti's Office) "Proposition HHH" and Lynn Katano (CDC) "CDC/HACoLA PSH Overview"
- August: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting "2017 Homeless Count City Level" information, LAHSA's Presentation
- July: Meeting Cancelled
- June: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting 2017 Homeless Count at the Continuum and SPA 8 Level, LAHSA Policy Updates
- May: Guest Speaker: Nancy Wilcox (SBCEH) "Measure H Crash Course" Presentation, 3-Yr Funding Request, 21 Strategies-Final Proposals
- April: Guest Speaker: Elizabeth Eastlund (Rainbow Services) "Domestic Violence, Women & Homelessless" Presentation , Study
- March: Guest Speaker: Mark Silverbush (Abt Associates) "Data, Dashboards, Discovery"
- February: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting Presentation
- January: Guest Speaker: Zina Washington (SSI Benefits Eligibility and Enrollment) Presentation, Medical Conditions that Qualify for SSI
- December: Guest Speakers:Grace Weltman & Stephanie Inyama: "Metro Homeless Plan" Notes
- November: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting Guest Speaker: Ashlee Oh (LA County Homeless Initiative Office): "47 Strategies Update" Presentation
Lyndi Bell (LAHSA): "Homeless Count Update", Carolina Briones (LAHSA): Regional Homelessness Advisory Committee (RHAC) Elections, Paul Duncan (LAHSA): "Program and RFP Updates"
- October: Guest Speakers: Mychael Castillo & Mitch Kayle (Exodus Recover): "Mental Health Service"s Handouts
Jonathan Hans & Sarah Mahan (LAHSA): "Homeless Count 2017 & LAHSA Governance Structure" Presentation
Cathy Carranza (US Veterans Initiative) & Freddie Black (1736 Family Crisis Center): "Crisis Housing for Veterans/Single Individuals & Domestic Violence Victims"
- September: Speaker: Sam Gonzalez (Hathaway-Sycamores): "Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Programs" Sam Gonzalez's Handout
- August: Guest Speaker: Tara Reed: "Mental Health America of Los Angeles" Tara Reed's Presentation
- July: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Clementina Verjan, Lyndi Bell, Stephen Sotomayor (LAHSA): "2016 Homeless Count 'City Level' Report" LAHSA Presentation
- June: Meeting Cancelled
- May: Guest Speaker: Jamie Garcia (Southern California Hospital Association): "Hospital Needs with Coordinated Entry System"
- April: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Grace Weltman and Ashlee Oh (County CEO)
LAHSA Presentation, Ashlee Oh's Presentation
- March - Guest Speaker: Denise McCain-Tharnstrom (Our Children LA): "Youth App - WIN"; review of LA County Homeless Initiative "Phase 1" Strategies
- February - Guest Speaker: Troy Vaughn (Los Angeles Regional Reentry Partnership (LARRP)): "Reentry" (no minutes available)
- January - Guest Speaker: Robert Dhondrup (Southern California Association of Non-Profit Housing (SCANPH)): "Affordable Housing"
- December: Guest Speaker: Fernando Gaytan (Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles): "Criminalization of Homelessness"
- November: LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Ronald Williams, Lyndi Bell (LAHSA)
- October: Meeting Cancelled
- September - Coalition Working Group Meeting
- August - LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Grace Weltman, Julia Warren, Stephanie Inyama (LAHSA)
- July - Guest Speaker: Mark Silverbush (SBCEH), LAHSA Staff "Homeless Count 2015, SPA and South Bay City Results"
- June - Guest Speaker: Laura James & Chris Castillo ("211"), "211: A Social Utility For All"
- May - Guest Speakers: Ricardo Rosales & Ryan Navales (Midnight Mission), "HomeLight Program for Families"
- April - Coalition Working Group Meeting
- March - LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Grace Weltman and Clementina Verjan (LAHSA)
- February - Guest Speaker: David Howden (Corporation for Supportive Housing), "88 Cities Strong Initiative"
- January - Guest Speaker: Elizabeth Eastlund (Rainbow Services), "Psychologically Informed Environments"
- December - Guest Speaker: Sharon Stewart (Harbor Interfaith Services), "Homeless Family Solutions System" (HFSS)
- November - LAHSA Quarterly Community Meeting - Guest Speakers: Clementina Verjan and Jonni Miller (LAHSA)
- October - Guest Speakers: Jessy Needham (Center for the Pacific Asian Family) and Elizabeth Eastlund (Rainbow Services), "Domestic Violence"
- September - Guest Speaker: Libby Boyce (LA County CEO), "Countywide Programs"
- August - Guest Speaker: Laura Petry (LAHSA), "Homeless Count 2015"
- July - Guest Speakers: Marina Flores (Community Solutions) & Shari Weaver (Harbor Interfaith Services), "Coordinated Entry System"
- June - LAHSA Quarter Community Meeting - Guest Speaker: Emily Williams (LAHSA), "Quarterly Mtg, Coordinating Council Elections"
- May - SBCH Retreat
- May - Guest Speaker: Ann Lee & Marie Salas (SPA 8 DMH), "DMH Programs"
- April - Guest Speaker: Angeles Rosales (Corporation for Supportive Housing), "Transitional Aged Youth Homelessness"
- March - Guest Speaker: Ed Gonzales (1736), "Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)"
- February - Guest Speaker: Dr. Mark Song & Karen Savoni (Kaiser South Bay), "Kaiser Homelessness Programs"
- January - Coalition Working Group Meeting (no minutes available)